Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ivy's Wall

Ivy and I have known each other for 10 years. That is quite a big chunk of our lives. Somehow we managed to keep in touch all these years, even though we were classmates for only a few months.

Ivy and I had totally different personalities. She was the quiet, demure snow white, madly pursued by dreamy romeos. One of them burnt a few gallons of midnight oil just to meticulously glue together hundreds of pearly white buttons to make her a cinderella shoe. I think the shoe was actually her size. And of course, the romeos used me as a messenger to send her little notes. The cinderella-shoe romeo used to say that she was cute, sweet and concise -- what the @#$% did concise mean?? Cinderella-shoe romeo looked at me and said, well, she comes in a smaller package. So I guess if she was the angel with the harp, I was simply the tuba. And if she was the more cliché swan, I was the ... turkey.

Ok, I guess not turkey. Cinderella-shoe romeo ended up giving me an owl carved out of soap as graduation gift. That was really nice. I think I would rather be an owl than a swan.

Ivy never fell for any of those romeos though. She chose down-to-earth EP, who probably would never spend nights making a shoe for her, but would take great care of her for the rest of their lives.

Ivy wanted some splashes of colour in her new home. She said orange and pink. I hope she will like this mini-series.


Just for you, Ivy.

3 comments:

joc said...

Hi a fan of yours. I love the strokes you use.

budgie said...

septembre, thanks!

EL Dragon said...

hey, my YY, you are my princess, not turkey, not owl :)