Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Painting

Ta-da! Welcome to my first blog.

So many firsts this year.

Never thought I would do pilates, but I have tried and completed 20 hours so far. Never thought I would sell a thing on ebay, but I managed to get rid of an old suit in 24 hours. Never thought I would pick up that paintbrush again, but I'm well onto my 10th canvas. Here's one of my latest:

I initially thought of it as Golden Sunrise. Trying to make myself feel happier about waking up early in the morning to drag myself to the office. But friends commented that it was more like "Romantic Sunset". That works too. Afterall it's all in the beholder's eyes.

Splashing colours on canvas does seem to brighten my day. A far cry from making oneself blind by checking and rechecking spreadsheets and crafting hair-splitting documents. Having one's vacation postponed because of a meeting, which ended up being cancelled. And being told "get used to it". I thought "sorry we messed up your plans" would have been nicer. But everyone is entitled to their own way of expressing themselves.

10 comments:

Bear Bear said...

The painting is sooooo Beautiful!!!
Love the colour!!!

budgie said...

Thanks! I am glad you like it!

Minaki Yun said...

really very nice, I'm making it my wallpaper

budgie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I like the use of colours. Nice!

Unknown said...

Hey... you could paint another one, and sell it on ebay while doing Pilates! 3 birds with 1 stone!!

JOYCE said...

this is really beautiful (: amazing.

EL Dragon said...

color very lively...huo2po4, you dong4gan4..it's beautiful !

Unknown said...

What would you charge for this painting? What are the dimensions?

budgie said...

Kamren: it is 30' by 24', stretched canvas. For more info, please contact budgieart@hotmail.com.