Friday, September 08, 2006

Roses by the Window

Today I received the first comment on my blog, or rather, on my painting "Golden Sunrise"/"Romantic Sunset", whichever Bear-Bear thought it was. Such a pleasant surprise. A smile from a stranger, a kind word from someone who appreciates my doodling on canvas.

I am beginning to realise the power of blogging. I have never been a trend-setter, never been an early adopter of any technology, or in this case, a new way of expressing oneself. In fact, I have always been, like, 3 years late. I was still using regular kodak film when the rest of the world switched to digital cameras, and only got my first digicam 2 years ago. Today, MP3 players have yet to succeed in replacing my discman. Yup. I am that outdated. So I wondered why so many people bothered to share their diary online - I thought, would other people care? - or, why some companies thought blogging was a viable way of marketing.

All in all, I am glad that in this year of change, I decided to stop procrastinating and give every interesting idea a go.

This is a painting I gave to a friend C earlier on. I call it Roses by the Window. I thought that despite C's flippant exterior, he was really looking for someone who would bring him quiet joy and warmth. I am blessed and I hope C will be, too.

Still life has never been my forte but I hope C liked it. And thanks to technology, I am able to share this here with you.

8 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Interesting choice of colour. It gives a refreshing feel. What is the medium?

And the size of this piece?

How much time did this take you?

Bear Bear said...

OMG, I am the first one who comment? >< Happy, happy!!!

Another gorgeous painting!!! Your choice of colours is amazing!!!I like both of your two paintings so far...And I always looking forward to your new one!!! ^__^

budgie said...

It is acrylic on canvas. 18 x 24 inch.

How much time... an evening.

Thanks for dropping by!

Bear Bear said...

Can I link you? And what name you want me to name your blog on my link list? Budgie or Dreamer in a Suit? I think Budgie sounds nicer, isn't it?

budgie said...

Bear Bear - sure, budgie is fine. Blogger didn't let me use budgie.blogspot though. Thanks for taking such interest in my blog!

Bear Bear said...

You are welcome!!!

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

May I suggest that you give http://www.illustrationfriday.com a visit?

budgie said...

Chou - thanks for the great recommendation! Some of them are truly amazing.